- Line levels (or "string" levels) are a special brand of spirit level used for levelling across longer distances.
- They can be attached to a tightly pulled string to find level between two stakes in the ground to find level ground.
- Line levels are a much more cost-conscious alternative to line laser levels, but require a bit more preparation and patience to ensure the job gets done right.
- Line level plastic body and hoods fitted with virtually unbreakable plastic vial.
How To Use a Line Level
- Gather the materials for the job: a line level, a length of string, a tape measure and some means of securing both ends of the string (usually two wooden posts in the ground).
- Secure the string to one side or corner of the area you want levelled.
- Attach the line level to the middle of the string using the small hooks on the line level.
- Pull the string tight while sliding the level up the string within eyeshot.
- Pull tightly enough to avoid any sag in the string. Even the slightest dip in the string will negatively affect your reading.
- Hold the end of the string against the post or wall and adjust up and down until the bubble rests between the black lines on the line level.
- Secure the string.
- You have found level between the two points. You can use these marks on the posts or walls to make further measurements for your home construction projects.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.