- Thread Seal Tape a polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) film cut to specified widths for use in sealing pipe threads.
- Thread seal tape can be used in many ways, the most common of which is to seal pipe threads.
- Also known as plumber’s tape, PTFE tape, tape dope, or popularly but incorrectly as Teflon tape.064
- In use, the tape is wrapped around the exposed threads of a pipe before it is screwed into place.
- The tape is commonly used commercially in pressurized water systems, such as central heating systems, as well as in air compression equipment and thread joints with coarse threads.
- One of the defining characteristics of PTFE is how good it is at defeating friction.
- The use of PTFE tape in tapered pipe threads performs a lubricating function, which more easily allows the threads to be screwed together, to the point of deformation, which is what creates the seal.
- Thread tape is appropriate for use on tapered threads, where the sealing force is a wedge action.
- Parallel threads may not seal effectively with or without tape, as they are intended to be sealed by a gasket.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.