Protek Comet 5Kg is the perfect solution for the control and extermination of undesirable vegetation on non-crop lands and industrial sites. It is a non-selective root absorbed granular herbicide and boasts with extended residual action for a long-lasting effect.
APPLICATION AND USES
- Ideal for the control and extermination of unwanted vegetation on non-crop lands.
- Suitable for use on industrial sites.
- Ideal for annual and perennial weeds.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
HOW TO USE
General directions for use
- Apply the herbicide when weeds are growing actively.
- Rain or irrigation is required after application to wash the product into the roots of the weeds.
Method of application
- Use appropriate equipment like a well-calibrated granular spreader.
- Apply evenly to the treatment area.
- Do not apply to the soil where organic material exceeds 20% of the surface area.
- Avoid contamination of areas that are not being treated by the herbicide. Do not apply the product within 50 metres of the roots of desirable plants.
HANDLING AND STORAGE
- Store in the original packaging, tightly sealed.
- Store in a cool and well-ventilated area.
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Store away from food, animal feed, seeds, fertilizer or other agricultural remedies.
- Keep out of reach of children, pets and uninformed persons.
- Product Type: Herbicide
- Poisonous: Yes
- Mixing required: No
- Bromacil (uracil) – 80 g/kg
- Terbuthylazine (triazine) – 120 g/kg
- Available in a 5 kg container.
- On small areas: Use 50 – 160 g COMET GR / 10 m² depending on the clay or ash content of the soil.
- To maintain weed-free areas, it may be necessary to apply COMET GR to such areas on an annual basis according to label recommendations.
- Use a higher rate in areas where rainfall exceeds 600 mm.
- Higher rates can also be used to extend the residual effect for tough weeds.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Be careful not to inhale product dust.
- Product is poisonous if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Seek medical attention if necessary.
- Avoid spraying directly on food or surfaces where food is handled.
- Wash hands after use.
- Wear appropriate protective gear while applying the product like long sleeves, gloves, respiration mask and safety glasses. Wash protective clothing after use.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while applying the herbicide.
- Avoid applying the product where the run-off from the treated area will contaminate water. Do not apply within 10 metres of a water source.
- Dispose of empty container responsibly and safely and do not re-use the container for any other purposes.
WARNINGS AND LIMITATIONS
- The product is non-selective meaning it will also do damage to desirable plants or crops. Do not use on croplands.
- Drought will slow down the workings of the herbicide.
- The product is toxic to fish.
- Over application may result in damage to the surrounding environment.
- Overuse might cause weeds to develop resistance to the product.
Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, the registration holder does not warrant that it will be efficacious under all conditions because the action and effect thereof may be affected by factors such as abnormal soil, climatic and storage conditions; quality of dilution water, compatibility with other substances not indicated on the label and the occurrence of resistance of the pest against the remedy concerned as well as by the method, time and accuracy of the application. The registration holder furthermore does not accept responsibility for damage to crops, vegetation, the environment or harm to man or animal or for lack of performance of the remedy concerned due to failure of the user to follow the label instructions or to the occurrence of conditions which could not have been foreseen in terms of the registration. Consult the supplier in the event of any uncertainty.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.