Pratley Steel Putty - 125g
Pratley Steel Putty is an exceptionally high strength, hand mouldable, putty-like adhesive. Mixing equal proportions of the resin and hardener supplied in the form of sticks yields a highly versatile, medium speed putty with a 1001 uses.
- Very high strength.
- Medium speed cure.
- Can be shaped and moulded.
- Adheres to most rigid materials.
- Once set can be sawn, filed, machined, sanded.
- Accepts paint.
- Good electrical insulator.
- Withstands most chemicals, mild acids, oil, petrol, etc.
- Can be smoothed and shaped with a wet finger or spatula.
Time to set: (Temperature & quantity dependant)
- Sets hard in ± 45 minutes (at 23°C).
- Should be applied within 15 minutes of mixing.
- Reaches 75% strength in 8 hours.
- Reaches full strength in 2 days.
Some suggested uses:
- Seal metal water tanks and cracked motor car sumps.
- Repair metal castings
- Replace broken handles and knobs on utensils.
- Repair ceramic fuse holders and insulators.
- Repair car radiators and leaking metal petrol tanks.
- Mend garden implements and metal watering cans.
- Re-fit loose screws.
- Make your own models and sculptures.
Not recommended for:
- Bonding of rear-view mirrors to windscreens.
- Very high temperature above 90°C continuous (e.g. exhaust pipes).
- Flexible materials.
- Polypropylene and Polyethylene plastics.
- Underwater use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.