Pratley Quickset Putty is an exceptionally high strength, hand mouldable, putty-like adhesive. Mixing equal proportions of the resin and hardener supplied in the form of sticks yields a versatile, quick setting medium with a 1001 uses. Pratley Quickset Putty differs from Pratley Putty (Original). The latter is easier to apply under water and can be easily smoothed with a wet finger. However, it is not quick setting.
- Very high strength.
- Quick setting.
- Can be shaped and moulded.
- Adheres to most rigid materials.
- Once set can be sawn, filed, machined & sanded.
- Accepts paint.
- Very good electrical insulator.
- Withstands most chemicals, oil, petrol, etc.
Time to set: (Temperature & quantity dependant)
- Sets hard in ± 15 minutes (at 23°C).
- Should be applied within 8 minutes of mixing.
- Reaches 75% strength in 4 hours.
- Reaches full strength in 24 hours.
Some suggested uses:
- Seal metal water tanks and cracked motor car sumps.
- Repair wash hand basins and toilets.
- Replace broken handles and knobs on utensils.
- Repair ceramic fuse holders and insulators.
- Repair car radiators and leaking metal petrol tanks.
- Mend garden implements and metal watering cans.
- Repair cement furniture and pots.
- Re-fit loose screws in walls.
- Make your own models and sculptures.
Not recommended for:
- Bonding of rear-view mirrors to windscreens.
- Very high temperature above 100°C continuous (e.g. exhaust pipes).
- Flexible materials.
- Underwater use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.