Mega Char Automatic Water Purification System
Mega Char Automatic Water Purification System is an exceptional dual-medium whole house water filtration system using top-quality granular activated carbon and filter sand. It removes chlorine, sediments, taste, volatile organic compounds and odor from your water. It consists of a valve that can be programmed for automatic backwash and rinse functionalities.
APPLICATION AND USES
- Basic sediment filter.
- Removes large particles from the water like sand, dirt, rust, and mud.
- Filters water obtained from municipal or borehole water and well and rainwater sources.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Tubular design means longer detention time of the water making filtration more effective than other water filters.
- Low-maintenance and long-lasting thanks to backwash and rinse capabilities.
- It comes fully assembled.
- It has top and bottom strainers to prevent loss of carbon and filter sand.
- Top-quality granular activated carbon and filter sand.
- It filters the water to improve quality, taste, and odor but preserves the natural minerals in the water.
- The system is designed to waste no water during filtration.
- It is an affordable filtration solution with a large filtration capacity.
HOW TO USE
- The system should be installed on the mainline of the household to filter all the water going into the house.
- The source water will flow down from the top of the vessel and has to flow to the bottom before it goes back up and into the household.
Setup and installation:
- Put the vessel in the spot where you want to install before you add the medium to prevent the vessel from being too heavy to move.
- Ensure riser pipe is in the vessel and resting on the bottom.
- Before adding the medium cover the riser pipe opening with tape so that the medium does not enter the pipe.
- Pour the medium inside the vessel. You can use a funnel. Fill the vessel up to about 75%. This is done to leave space for the backwash.
- Ensure that the seal is correctly in place on the valve head before connecting the valve head.
- Connect the top strainer to the valve head. This is very important to ensure that your medium does not get flushed out with the backwash operation. Align the indents of the top strainer with the ledges on the valve and then turn the strainer to lock it into place.
- Remove the tape that you placed on the riser pipe.
- Slide the top strainer attached to the valve over the riser pipe and press down to connect the valve.
- Screw on tight after it has clicked in place.
- Finally, connect your source water, drain water and outlet to the valve in the marked locations.
HANDLING AND STORAGE
- When not in use store in a dry place and keep clear of dust and dirt.
- Remove medium before storing it.
- The vessel must be flushed regularly every two to five days depending on the water quality.
- The system is generally low maintenance.
- Minimum pressure: 2 Bar
- Maximum pressure: 6 Bar
- Maximum flow rate: 2500 l/h
- Port size 25 mm
- Valve: Programmable automatic valve
- Available in 50 L, 75 L, 100 L or 150 L containers.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- The vessel does not remove bacteria or other microorganisms. It is recommended that a 1-micron filtration and ultraviolet light be installed with the carbon vessel if water quality is a problem in the area.
- Will not remove pesticides as the particles are too small.
WARNINGS AND LIMITATIONS
- Installation should be performed by a suitably qualified person with plumbing experience.
Mega chars are intended for household use and limits apply to water quality and quantity. Have your water tested before installing a mega char to ensure that it is the right solution. It is important to note that the volume of water put through the unit as well as the quality of the water will greatly influence the lifetime of the media.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.