Ecowean Calf Weaning Nose Ring
EcoWean nose rings provide an alternative to the stress inducing practice of separating young calves from their mothers during the weaning period.
EcoWean nose rings allow the calf or lamb to stay with it’s mother and mob while weaning. Weight gain alone justifies the small cost outlay.
How does nose rings work?
- The nose ring should stay on for 4-6 weeks to ensure lactation has ceased.
- A second handling of the calves is then required to remove the nose rings.
- Restrain the calf, loosen the wingnut and gently pull back on each lug and remove the nose ring.
- We suggest a glove is worn on the “off” hand to give the operator confidence to grab the spikes while undoing the wingnut, reducing the chance of catching or scratching a finger in the nose ring.
- Throw the nose rings in a bucket of water near the head bail. We recommend soaking in detergent and later washing with an old dish brush, then rinse and dry.
- The bolt, washer and wing-nut are stainless steel.
- Use of a light oil to lubricate bolt & wingnut before storage may prevent chance of corrosion.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.