BOSTIK SHOWER is a CLEAR, one-part acetoxy-curing high quality sanitary silicone sealant that provides a permanent flexible, durable, watertight seal for general purpose sealing inside and around the bathroom. It is also excellent for use as an adhesive.
- Excellent mould resistance.
- Excellent colour fastness.
- Excellent water-resistance.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Good adhesion.
- Flexible at low temperatures down to -40°C.
- Heat resistant up to 100°C.
- Low shrinkage on curing.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Excellent UV-resistance and durability.
- Unaffected by alcohol, diluted acids and alkalis, soap and household detergents.
- Moisture curing system.
- Cure rate is unaffected by low ambient temperatures.
Uses / Applications
- Excellent mould resistance makes it ideal for sealing joints, gaps and cracks inside and around shower cubicles.
- It can be used for replacing loose tiles.
- Suitable for other sealing, bonding, and mending tasks in cars, boats, caravans and houses.
- Excellent primerless adhesion to many non-porous materials e.g. ceramics, glass, enamel, porcelain, coated wood, painted surfaces, stainless steel, aluminium and some plastics such as epoxide, polyester, polyacrylate, formica, fibreglass, acrylics, polycarbonates and rigid PVC.
- Not suitable for alkaline surfaces such as concrete, fibrous cement, asbestos, plaster and marble, as the product releases acetic acid during curing.
- Not suitable for some metals such as mild steel, lead, copper, tin, galvanized iron, brass or zinc as it may cause corrosion.
- May become discoloured in contact with some organic elastomers, which tend to bleed oil or solvents into the silicone, e.g. EPDM, APTK, Neoprene and Bituminous surfaces.
- Should not be used on the back of mirrors, as this will cause the silver coating to discolour.
- It will affect he front appearance of the mirror.
- Not suitable for contact with marble, granite, quartzite, and similar natural stone as it may discolour the surfaces.
- Will not adhere to some plastics such as polyethylene, polypropylene and Teflon.
- CANNOT be painted over.
- NOT SUITABLE FOR FISH TANKS because it contains a fungicide.
- Do not apply sealant when relative humidity is below 10%.
- The cure rate will be affected.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.