BOSTIK MIRROR is a CLEAR neutral-curing, low modulus 100% silicone sealant with outstanding adhesion that provides a permanent flexible bond for mirrors to painted surfaces, plaster, metal, or wood.
- Acid free – will not desilver or discolour mirrors.
- Low odour.
- Outstanding primerless adhesion to a variety of substrates.
- Suitable for alkaline substrates such as concrete, plaster and fibrous concrete.
- Excellent UV-resistance and durability.
- Excellent mould resistance.
- Flexible at low temperatures down to -40°C.
- Heat resistant up to 120°C.
- Low shrinkage on curing.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Excellent water resistance.
- Unaffected by alcohol, diluted acids and alkalis, soap and household detergents.
- Excellent colour fastness.
- Moisture curing system; cure rate is unaffected by low ambient temperatures.
- Non-corrosive to metals.
Uses / Applications:
- Ideal for mirror installations, bonding mirrors to painted surfaces, plaster, metal, or wood.
- Suitable for sealing, bonding and mending tasks in cars, boats, caravans, and houses, such as sealing around bathroom and kitchen fittings, oven doors, boards, signs, insulating appliances, sealing of connecting and expansion joints in walls and floors, sealing of gutters, gutter outlets, and around building flashes, perimeter sealing of doors, windows and cladding panels and insulating electrical appliances.
- Suitable as a flexible adhesive.
- Exhibits excellent primerless adhesion to many non-porous materials e.g. ceramics, glass, enamel, porcelain, coated wood, painted surfaces, canvas, rubber, many metals (stainless steel, aluminium, lead, copper, tin, galvanized iron, brass or zinc) and some plastics (epoxide, polyester, polyacrylate, formica, fiberglass, acrylics, polycarbonates and rigid PVC).
- Can be used on alkaline surfaces such as concrete, fibrous cement, mortar, asbestos and plaster.
- May cause staining when used on marble, granite, quartzite, and similar natural stone.
- May become discoloured when in contact with some organic elastomers, which tend to bleed oil or solvents into the silicone, e.g. EPDM, APTK, Neoprene and Bituminous surfaces.
- Will not adhere to some plastics such as polyethylene, polypropylene and Teflon.
- CANNOT be painted over.
- NOT SUITABLE FOR FISH TANKS because it contains a fungicide.
- Do not apply sealant when relative humidity is below 10% - cure rate will be affected.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.