ALCOLIN K86 SILICONE SEALANT
ALCOLIN K86 SILICONE SEALANT professional silicone sealant of contractor’s standards. It consists of one-part acetoxy-curing which means it releases acetic acid while curing. This makes it ideal for use in kitchens and bathrooms where quicker curing is required. It provides a lasting, waterproof and flexible seal and is ideal for everyday general sealing and DIY.
- Perfect for repairs, sealing and bonding in boats, cars and caravans.
- General household sealing.
- Remains flexible in cold temperatures (up to -40 degrees Celsius).
- Has excellent heat resistance (temperatures up to 120 degrees Celsius).
- Effective adhesive with good grip.
- It can be used indoors and outdoors – Waterproof.
- Long-lasting with outstanding UV resistance.
- Resistant to strong chemicals like household cleaning products, soap, alcohols and diluted acids (e.g. vinegar and urine) and bases (e.g. toothpaste).
- It remains clear and does not yellow over time.
- Not recommended for alkaline surfaces like concrete and coarse cement. This is because ALCOLIN K86 SILICONE SEALANT releases acetic acid while it dries.
- Should not be used on certain metals like galvanised iron or lead because the product can cause deterioration or corrosion.
- Discolouring may occur if it makes contact with organic elastomers (e.g. some rubbers and paint).
- Not recommended for use on mirrors since it will discolour the silver coating on the back.
- May discolour natural stone surfaces like marble and is therefore not recommended for use on these surfaces.
- It will not stick on certain plastics like Teflon (e.g. pan coatings), polyethylene (e.g. grocery bags and shampoo bottles) and polypropylene (e.g. model planes or cars).
- Attempts to paint over it will not give ideal results.
- It contains fungicide and is therefore NOT RECOMMENDED FOR FISH TANKS.
- Should not be used in very dry weather (relative humidity below 10%) since the product will take longer to cure.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.