Alcolin DIY Filler.
Durable, non-toxic expanding foam designed to cure with room temperature water. It is excellent for insulation and it does not shrink. It adheres perfectly to most construction materials and can be used for indoor or outdoor projects. It is weather-resistant and moisture resistant. Once it has been cured it will not expand, contract or degrade.
APPLICATION AND USES
- Excellent adhesive to most construction materials without the need to use a primer.
- Used to fill gaps, joints and cracks around pipes, plug sockets, utility cables and vents.
- Excellent for draft-proofing doors, windows and skirtings.
- Fastens doorposts and window frames to walls.
- Can fill large gaps and spaces between pre-made components.
- Recommended for structural space. For example, it can be used to provide extra support under a shower tray.
- Seams between chimneys, wall panels and roof panels.
- Can be used to insulate boats, cars and caravans.
- Insulating plug sockets.
- Thermal insulation, soundproofing and waterproofing.
- Can be used to bond roof tiles together.
- Glues panels used for insulation for example polystyrene and polyurethane (like upholstery foam).
- Used as a backing material before the sealant is applied.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Foams fast.
- Single-component – No mixing required.
- Waterproof and weatherproof.
- Superb thermal insulation and soundproofing.
- After the foam has cured it can be plastered, cut, painted and drilled.
- Maintains its size and shape when exposed to changes in humidity or temperature.
- Excellent resistance to sag meaning it does not run-down upright surfaces like walls.
- Adapts to accommodate irregularity in the working surface.
- Rot-resistant – Has resistance to fungi and mould.
- Makes structures tougher and more rigid.
- Creates a barrier against insects and rodents.
- Product Type: Construction
- Brand: Alcolin
- Appearance: Beige foam
- Application temperature: 5º C – 30º C
- Full Cure: After 24 hours
- Up to 35 litres in free expansion.
- 20-25 litres when applied in joints.
- Coverage is an estimate and can change depending on weather and other environmental conditions.
- 1 x Alcolin Filla Foam - 500ml
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Priming and bonding
- No priming needed.
- Excellent bonding to plaster, concrete, stone, brick, painted surfaces, fibreglass, metals, wood, glass and many plastics.
- Ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and dust and dirt free.
- Clean the surface with a non-greasy solvent like Acetone.
- Rinse off cleaning detergents thoroughly and dry the surface.
- Moisten the joint is with a damp cloth for optimal adhesion.
- No mixing required.
Application or directions for use
- Areas adjacent to the crack or cavity should be protected with masking tape and plastic sheeting.
- Shake the can well for at least a minute before use.
- Screw the nozzle firmly onto the valve.
- Hold the can upside down during use and point the nozzle into the crack that needs to be filled.
- Press the nozzle down.
- Only fill 13 of the hole with foam to allow for its expansion.
- For cavities deeper than 30 cm the foam must be applied in layers. Allow each layer to cure before applying the next layer.
- If you wish to increase the expansion of the foam you can spray water mist while applying the foam.
- The foam will reach full volume in approximately an hour.
- Foam can be smoothed and sanded after approximately 2-5 hours.
HANDLING AND STORAGE
- Store in a dry place out of direct sunlight in the original container.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Store in an upright position.
MAINTENANCE AND CARE
- The unopened canister has a shelf life of at least 12 months if stored correctly.
- Once opened it has a shelf life of 30 days.
- It might still be usable after shelf life expired, but a test should be performed before use.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Wear the appropriate safety gear like gloves and safety goggles. Gloves are especially important because the foam is very difficult to remove from skin.
- Avoid direct skin contact or eye contact. In the event of contact rinse thoroughly with clean cold water. Seek medical attention if irritation persists.
- Do not ingest the product. In the case of ingestion, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
- Work in a well-ventilated area and avoid prolonged inhalation.
- Keep away from open flame and do not smoke while applying.
- Do not damage the can or expose it to temperatures over 50º C.
- Do not expose cured foam to an open flame. It is not flammable, but it remains combustible.
WARNINGS AND LIMITATIONS
- Apply a coat if exposed to sunlight or other types of UV lights.
- Not recommended for use in temperatures below 5 degrees Celsius.
- Does not bond to silicone, Teflon, polyethylene (e.g. grocery bags and shampoo bottles) and polypropylene (e.g. model planes or cars).
The above information is only offered, as a guide to the use of this product. Furthermore, users should satisfy themselves that it is suitable for their needs. Since we have no control over the conditions under which it is used, we cannot accept responsibility for problems caused by the use and/or application of this product.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.