Alcolin Solvent Based Contact Glue
Alcolin Contact Adhesive is a first-rate, all-round contact glue with excellent instantaneous bond strength. It is resistant to heat and water and can be easily applied with most brushes. It bonds immediately after contact with several surfaces without needing the application of continued pressure or clamping.
USES OF CONTACT ADHESIVE
- It is recommendable for surfaces like wood, engineered wood (like plywood, hardboard or Masonite boards, chipboard, Supawood and high-pressure laminates), veneers (dental porcelain coating over teeth), Formica wood, foam, different types of floor coverings like carpeting, textiles like wool or silk, canvas, cloth, leather, felt, concrete, glass, linoleum, rubber, metals, corks and an assortment of plastics.
- Excellent for indoor as well as outdoor use.
- Often used in general applications in various industries like furniture, light, and construction industries.
- Can be used for every-day projects like decorations, handcrafted items, leather-work and repairing shoes.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- High immediate grab
- Shows an excellent bonding strength instantly on contact
- Dries quickly
- Bonds various surfaces that might be similar to or different from each other.
- Can be easily applied with a brush
- Heat resistant
- It has good Green strength (it effectively bonds two surfaces immediately on contact).
- Product Type: DIY; Paint and Coatings
- Appearance: Translucent yellow liquid.
- Green time: 40 Minutes
- Full cure time: 24 Hours.
- Water resistance: Good
- Coverage: Approximately 2 m² per litre with double-sided application.
- 1 x Alcolin Contact Adhesive
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Wood, processed boards (e.g. hardboard, Supawood, chipboard, high-pressure laminates, Masonite, plywood), Formica, veneers, floor coverings, foam, canvas, textiles, leather, felt, cloth, concrete, linoleum, glass, metal, rubber, cork, and some plastics.
- Perform an adhesion test if you are uncertain if the product will work for the specific material.
- Ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and dust and dirt free.
- Metal surfaces should be degreased with a solvent like acetone.
- Ensure that the temperatures of the surfaces are above 18ºC for optimal results.
- Apply evenly on both surfaces with a finely serrated trowel or a stiff brush.
- Allow adhesive to dry. Apply a second coating to dull areas or on porous materials.
- Bring the surfaces together after the glue has become touch dry. No longer than 40 minutes should pass before adhering the surfaces.
- Align the surfaces carefully since no adjustments can be made once the surfaces have made contact.
- Apply pressure to the whole surface for a few seconds. The bond is instantaneous.
- Allow for 24 hours to pass before use for maximum bond strength to set in.
How to remove the contact adhesive
- Clean application tools immediately after use with a proper solvent like acetone or thinners.
HANDLING AND STORAGE
- Store in a cool and dry place out of direct sunlight in the original container.
- Keep container tightly sealed.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
MAINTENANCE AND CARE
- If stored correctly the adhesive can have a shelf life of approximately 12 months.
- It can still be usable after 12 months, but a check should be performed to test the quality.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Avoid direct skin contact or eye contact. In the event of contact rinse thoroughly with clean cold water. Seek medical attention if irritation persists.
- Keep away from flames or ignition sources and do not smoke while applying.
- Work in a well-ventilated area and avoid prolonged inhalation of the product.
WARNINGS AND LIMITATIONS
- Do Not use as structural adhesive.
- Not recommended for polyethylene (e.g. grocery bags and shampoo bottles), expanded polystyrene (used for food containers or packaging fragile items), polypropylene (model airplanes etc.), flexible PVC and Teflon.
- Should not be used on containers that might hold hot liquids like mugs or cups.
The product meets the requirements of SANS 10183:2009 D2 standard.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.