hydroproof is a ﬂexible water based acrylic compound, which is used together with abe® membrane to provide a seamless liquid waterprooﬁng system.
- For waterprooﬁng all types of stable ﬂashings.
- For waterprooﬁng parapet walls.
- Sealing of joints, laps and rooﬁng screws on corrugated roofs and gutters.
- hydroproof is an all-in-one system.
- There is no need for separate primers on porous surfaces.
- hydroproof has excellent weathering properties, adhesion and is tough, ﬂexible and non-toxic.
- hydroproof comes in a wide range of colours.
- 5 year quality guarantee.
Ensure all surfaces are clean dry, sound and free from all laitance, fungal growth, grease, oil or loose and ﬂaking particles.
Bonding / Priming
After suitable preparation – prime porous surfaces with a neat coat of abe® hydroproof. Prime new galvanised iron with abe® 4-metal primer and old galvanised iron steel with a solvent based metal etch primer.
Stir well before use.
Coverage: 2.1 L/m2 full system.
First coat: Apply by brush/roller using 1 L/m2. Embed membrane into wet coat, avoiding bubbles or wrinkles. Membrane overlaps: minimum 100 mm on end laps and 75 mm on side laps.
Second coat: once ﬁrst coat has dried (2 – 3 hours), apply second coat by brush/roller using 0.5 L/m2 and ensure membrane is fully saturated.
Third coat: once second coat has dried, apply third coat at different angle to second coat using 0.5 L/m2
Tools, brushes and mixing equipment should be cleaned immediately after use and before material has set with abe® super brush cleaner followed by washing with soap and water.
Protection / Maintenance on Completion
Whilst a.b.e.® hydroproof is designed for an extended life, it is important to apply a maintenance coat of abe® hydroproof every three to four years.
Available in 5 litre with 10 m x 200 mm membrane.
Handling & Storage
Shelf life of 12 months, but shorter if in extreme conditions. Keep tightly sealed in a dry cool place in the original packaging.
- Do not use bituminous solutions as a primer.
- Do not cover with stones or stone chippings.
- Do not apply if rain is imminent.
- Apply to well drained roofs.
Health & Safety
Product safety information required for safe use is not included. Before handling, read product and safety data sheets and container labels for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The safety data sheet is available from your local ABE® Construction Chemicals branch.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.