A.B.E Bituprime Black
a.b.e BITUPRIME is a bituminous, asphalt priming and sealing solution with petroleum solvents. It is ideal for sealing and priming all porous and non-porous surfaces.
APPLICATION AND USES
- Suitable for sealing and priming of permeable and impermeable surfaces before treatment with cold applied, filled bituminous compounds; hot or cold applied bituminous sealants or torch-on membranes.
- Adequate for use on concrete and metal.
- Surfaces on which the product is to be used should be dry, firm, and clean.
- Stir thoroughly prior to use.
- It can be applied by spraying or brushing.
- Do not cover the applied film with any waterproofing compound, sealant or coating before it has been allowed to dry. If these coatings are applied before the film has been cured the solvent will become entrapped leading to inadequate adhesion.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
HANDLING AND STORAGE
- Mixing appliances, tools, and brushes should be cleaned immediately after use with a.b.e super brush cleaner and then with water and soap.
- It has a shelf life of 24 months provided it is stored in a cool and dry place, undercover in the original packaging.
- This period can be shortened by storing the product in more extreme conditions.
- Bituprime is used as a primer.
COVERAGE AND PACKAGING
- Depending on the porosity and texture of the surface the product can cover approximately 5m²/litre.
- Packaged in 1L, 5L, 25L, and 200L containers.
WARNINGS AND DISCLAIMERS
- The dry film is not resistant to solvents.
- Do not apply if the temperature is below 5°C.
- This data sheet is issued as a guide to the use of the product(s) concerned. Whilst a.b.e.® Construction Chemicals endeavors to ensure that any advice, recommendation, specification or information is accurate and correct, the company cannot - because a.b.e.® has no direct or continuous control over where and how a.b.e.® products are applied - accept any liability either directly or indirectly arising from the use of a.b.e.® products, whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation, or information given by the company
- Where other products are to be used in conjunction with this material, the relevant technical data sheets should be consulted to determine the total requirements.
- See health and safety.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- The film is flammable when wet.
- Solvents in the product are toxic
- Do not smoke while applying and ensure that there is sufficient ventilation.
- Do not use flame or naked lights during application.
- If the substance is splashed into the eyes wash out with plenty of clean water and seek medical attention.
- The product is inert and harmless after it has cured.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.