BOSTIK CAR is a BLACK, one-part acetoxy-curing high quality silicone sealant that provides a permanent flexible, durable, watertight seal for general purpose sealing inside, outside, and underneath the car. It is also excellent for use as an adhesive.
- Excellent water-resistance – suitable for internal and external applications.
- Good adhesion.
- Flexible at low temperatures down to -40°C.
- Heat resistance up to +100°C.
- Excellent mould resistance.
- Low shrinkage on curing.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Excellent UV-resistance and durability.
- Unaffected by alcohols, dilute acids and alkalis, soap and household detergents.
- Excellent colour fastness.
- Moisture curing system - cure rate is unaffected by low ambient temperatures.
Uses / Applications
- Ideal for sealing joints, gaps and cracks inside, outside and underneath the car, such as sealing of leaking window joints and water hoses, low temperature gasket applications, and replacing of windscreens.
- Exhibits excellent primerless adhesion to many non-porous materials e.g. ceramics, glass, enamel, porcelain, coated wood, painted surfaces, stainless steel, aluminium and some plastics (epoxide, polyester, polyacrylate, formica, fiberglass, acrylics, polycarbonates and rigid PVC).
- Not suitable for cylinder head gaskets or for parts permanently exposed to fuel.
- Not suitable for alkaline surfaces such as concrete, fibrous cement, asbestos, plaster and marble, as the product releases acetic acid during curing.
- Not suitable for some metals such as mild steel, lead, copper, tin, galvanized iron, brass or zinc as it may cause corrosion.
- May become discoloured in contact with some organic elastomers, which tend to bleed oil or solvents into the silicone, e.g. EPDM, APTK, Neoprene and Bituminous surfaces.
- It should not be used on the back of mirrors, as this will cause the silver coating to discolour - affecting the front appearance of the mirror.
- Not suitable for contact with marble, granite, quartzite, and similar natural stone as it may discolour the surfaces.
- Will not adhere to some plastics such as polyethylene, polypropylene and Teflon.
- CANNOT be over-painted.
- NOT SUITABLE FOR FISH TANKS (contains a fungicide).
- Do not apply sealant when relative humidity is below 10% - cure rate will be affected.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.